29 Oct 2009

Helen and some thoughts...

Photography is one of the most important things in my life. I believe I take pictures to justify my own existence. I truly believe that the human being is most happy when she is creative. We are built to make things, it's in our nature. But it's important to not take yourself and in my case photography too serious. A photograph doesn't have to say something special to everybody, it doesn't have to be breathtaking but it should be interesting in one way or the other.
Nan Goldin once said that she took photos to remember what she got but the photos ended up reminding her of what she lost. I think that is beautiful, sad and so true. So what I am doing on this blog is showing you pieces of my memory. I will always remember when Helen came to visit me in Berlin and I took a bunch of portraits of her against my white wall in my room. We had a blast taking them and having a blast is also one of the most important things in my life.

XOXO


1 comment: