7 Jan 2012

Thoughts...

It's my belief that we all have to find something that we are good at, something that enriches our lives, makes it worth living. For some it's clear to begin with and others search their hole lives for it. At the same time we have to kind of fit in to the structure, be part of society, make it all go around. Money rules the world in many ways, it can really give you opportunities, a feeling of security but in the end happiness has to come from inside of us. I have to decides what is best for me, what makes me happy. When we grow up we learn that the world is wide open, there is so much out there, waiting for us but at the same time we are hit by reality who says we have to seattle down, get a real job, have a family, play by the rules.  But what if that is not what will make you happy. Then you are seen as either a failure or really brave. There are people close to me who question my way of life, who doesn't understand. I don't make a lot of money on photography, I hope I will one day. But I make enough to make a living and the happiness I get from photographing or being creative is amazing. I love photographing people, to connect with them. In Sweden wedding photography is not so highly seen as in the US. But I don't care because it gives me good energy to be part of someones special day, to know that those images are gonna be treasured for a very long time and mean a lot to someone. And it's not easy photographing a wedding, you get one shoot at it and you have to focus all the time. I guess that is what I love about photography, that you have to be awake, you have be in the moment. I guess you could say photography is my kind of meditation. I have found something I'm good at, something that enriches my life, something that makes my life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment