30 Jul 2012

Remember, dream and live

I feel restless, like I'm missing something. I've had this feeling now for some weeks and I can't really understand it. I try to tell myself that I'm just tired after working hard for a longer time and that it will go away soon. I have more things going for me work wise than I could ever expect and I keep on getting a lot of requests, this makes me very happy.
Last Saturday I photographed at a beautiful wedding just outside Malmö. I have attended a lot of ceremonies but I must say that this one really moved me. I was touched by the priest speech to the couple. He gave them three words to always keep in mind: remember, dream and live. He spook beautifully about the need to remember the past, to dream about the future but to live here and now. I don't think I'm the only one who sometimes feels like there is something more I should be experiencing. What makes me tired is that I know I'm the only one who can make things happen. I feel young and old at the same time. I still feel like I'm searching for something but at the same time I know I found my passion. That is a great comfort to me, that photography came to me quite early and that I turned my interest into work. Sometimes I see it as a job but most of the time I just love doing it so much that I forget it's what pays food and rent. Some say I'm even obsessed with taking pictures but a big part of me thinks that you have to be obsessed to become good. I know I'm good but I want to be better, I want to be excellent. I love that as long as I got my health I will be able to take pictures no matter my age. I like that it's what a create that defines me, not what I look like. Through photography I can create and thereby in a strange way confirm my existence. Suddenly I feel very sleepy, it must be all this analysing... I will get back to you soon with some new pictures.


1 comment: