16 Dec 2012

Golden Age issue 12

I love how internet has opened up a hole new world of opportunity to find inspiration, artists and to do networking all over the world. Now and then I look at who's reading my blog and I'm amazed that people from so many places have found it. My top 7 countries are Sweden (first of course) and then USA, Germany, Great Britain, Russia (!), Italy and France. I think writing in English helps a lot even if I know my English is far from perfect. Since I was a little girl I have had problems with spelling and reading and I had a strong need to express myself through images. I saw myself more as a painter until the age of 16 when I took my first class in photography. I loved how instant it was and since I'm an impatient person it suited me well. But it wasn't until I went to photography school at the age of 22 I started doing digital photography. I know that it's cool to do analogue but I just love working with digital, It's the closest I have ever come to combine my passion for photography with my love for painting.
In the beginning I wrote that you can find so much inspiration on the web. Some month ago I stumbled upon Golden Age, a photo magazine that promotes photographers who would like to get their name out there. I really liked it and decided to try to get some of my own published. The other day issue 12 was released with my picture on the cover (!) and also a spread inside the magazine. It made me so happy and I would like to share it with you. If you want to have a look at the issue and all the photographers featured go to http://issuu.com/goldenage/docs/issue12 I really recommend that you do!

Special thanks to the models Sarah, Ina, Marika, Bella and Ida, the make-up & hair artists Jenny Beckman and Camilla Jönsson who helped me to created some of following images.








No comments:

Post a Comment