15 Mar 2013

I won a contest! :)

A while ago I found out that I had won an award in a portraits photography contest in Sweden (Fotosidan Master del 3). I was only allowed to compete with one picture so my hopes were not that high and the surprise even bigger. Today I picked up the magazine where it had been published and it brought a smile to my face. The jury had written some really nice things about the photo and I will try to translate it into English for you:

A picture that asks questions is often more interesting than a picture that only gives answers. The gentle expression combined with movements creates a drama that appeals to more senses than just the sight. Listen to the picture! Taste it! The layers creates an interesting tension and it's technically well made. What's also interesting is the timelessness, there is nothing in the photo that really tells when it was taken. I want to know more!

P.s the photo is included in the giveaway on my facebook site http://www.facebook.com/pages/Isabell-N-Wedin-Arty-Farty-Photography/185146198173331?ref=hl



No comments:

Post a Comment