1 Aug 2013

Karolina and "the man of her life"

Between the age of 6 to 23 horses was such a big part of my life and I competed a lot in showjumping. Then I got to the point where I felt like I had to make a change, I wanted a different kind of freedom where there were no room for horses. I turned all my passion towards photography instead and sold the last horse I had when I got into photography school. On occasions I would ride one of my cousin's horses but in last years It happened more rarely. Some weeks ago I met Karolina for the first time in a park in Malmö. Almost right away we discovered our mutual interest in the four legged creatures. I went with her to the stable where she has a big pony and a horse. We went for a ride in the outdoors and it felt like I had never stopped riding. Last week I even tried showjumping again and it was exciting. I had forgotten the rush of endorphins and butterflies it brings. Even if I know horseriding isn't something I feel like I have the time and money to do, it was wonderful to be reminded of the powerful feelings it brings. There is a reason why they use horses for therapy, it's just something about them that is magical and great for the soul. Thank you Karolina for making me feel it again...





No comments:

Post a Comment