30 Oct 2013

Longing for a change...

It's cold and dark outside, I am completely alone in my apartment. A cup of tea keeps me warm and I'm listening to a playlist I named wild, at the moment it's Postiljonen. It's during evening time that I allow myself to think and reflect more about everything. I wonder if life will change to the better or the worse and when it will. I feel like I am waiting for something but I don't know what. We all want to find love but I wonder if that is the answer to my restlessness. It seems impossible to find someone that attracts the heart and the mind and at the same time provides me with a secure and safe feeling. The few times I have found myself in love there has always been one of these three things missing. I find comfort in the fact that when you are alone you also have complete freedom. Freedom is very important in finding happiness. I am good at being on my own, I have been it for most of my life. I guess I'm just longing for a change... 

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a bit philosophical today so as I took a liking to your writing I'm going to add some of my thoughts to it... :)

    First, it's both a gift and a curse that human beings are able to name things "better" or "worse". Are things really better or worse, or is it just a perception that we have? And compared to what? :) And love... love is a strange beast. Someone that we love might be found, but can we really find love? :) I really don't believe that we can get "a secure and safe feeling" from someone else, because if it's going to be truly safe and secure, it must come from within, no one else can ever give us that. :)

    I completely agree that freedom is an important part of happiness. The hard part is that it isn't enough to be willing to allow freedom for another person, you have to find a person who are truly willing to allow you the freedom you want. In that I wish you the best fortune possible. :)

    Being strong and secure just by yourself, at least in my opinion, is one of the greatest strength a human being can possible have, because only such a person is truly able to express themselves as they truly want to, and only such a person can truly love another person as fear of rejection can never be part of true love, so loving yourself and daring to be as you truly want to be, that is such an important quality to possess.

    Spending time in solitude, just by yourself, is way too underrated in today's society. :/

    And finally, longing for change, why long for something that is 100% up to you? The power to change is always yours, as you probably already know. ;)

    I usually don't care to write comments on blogs but I really liked the "this is my uncensored thoughts feeling" of your words, so thank you for sharing and have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete