23 Dec 2011

Canon is my homie


I've gotten the question a lot of what kind of camera I use. I started out as an analog photographer. In high school I fell in love with the darkroom and I spent as much time has possible there. Back then I was only interested in black and white photography. This continued at art school and it wasn't until I went to photography school that I started to use digital cameras. This was a little more than 5 years ago. After a short romance with an Olympus I switched to Canon. I bought a 5D and it has been a wonderful companion until a couple of month ago when it broke down after a fall which I wasn't responsible for. It might seem strange but that made so sad. I've had so much fun with that camera, we have been so many places and met so many people together.
I'm waiting for the release of the 5D Mark 3. Until then I have invested in two used 5Ds. It's the perfect camera for me. I will never get a Hasselblad, which if you didn't know is a swedish invention to begin with, it's so expensive and so heavy. I also love digital photography. It gives me a kind of freedom that I didn't have before and I truly enjoy getting away from the chemicals and the dark. Someone once told me that there are no mistakes with digital as there is with analog, that there is no room for something unexpected to happen but I disagree. There are still so many things I can't control like the weather, the natural light and of coruse how the person I photograph appears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment