1 Jan 2012

A clean slate

2011 was not my favorite year, too much loss, too much heartache and too little happiness. It had it's golden moments for sure but over all it was not a good one. When things get's really bad I always say that at least no one died, but sadly it was two times 2011 I couldn't say that. I might have gotten my heart broken by a foolish boy but compared to loosing people that is nothing. One of my favorite singer/poet has written a song where he sings: As long as I am here you will be here too. I think that is very beautiful and true. I will carry the memories of these people with me as I face a new year and new challenges.
Some of us like to make promises as we welcome the new year. Last night I decided that I need to start dreaming again. I wonder where they all went...I'm usually the person who tells other people that it is so important to dream and to believe that you can make it happen. I think that I kind of forgot myself on the way. I'm not unhappy, don't get me wrong but I think it's so easy to get comfortable, to stop challenging yourself and really put yourself out there. I think people like when there is a new year ahead of us because it feels like we are given a new chance, a clean slate. Now I just have to find out what I want to do with mine...but it will involve my love for photography for sure. I'll keep you posted...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment