24 Apr 2012

Ida & Chippen

I love horses, always have and always will. There is something magical about being able to control such a big and powerful animal. These days I don't have a horse of my own but I do have a wonderful cousin with two. When I go back and visit my home town we sometimes go for a ride in the woods. I love the feeling of freedom, the speed, the sound and the scent. My last horse was called Con Air and when she got nervous, which happened often, I could feel her heartbeat through the saddle. That was a sign that I should really hold on because something bad was about to happen. She is also the reason why I have a porcelain tooth. During an accident she kicked me in the face. She was a bit crazy but I loved her. It broke my heart when we sold her but my mind was made up, I was moving to go to photography school. I had discovered another passion that I needed to explore...





2 comments:

  1. The second last one is one of the most amazing pictures I've ever seen!!!
    I can't describe it, but it touches me :)
    And I'm jealous of you, for finding such a nice location! ;)
    Love your work!

    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your wonderful comment! You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete