4 Jul 2012

Ida in grandma's dress

I was only 12 when my grandmother Astrid past away. She had been sick for many years and sadly I can't really say that I got to know her. I still have some vivid memories of her like the first time I was able to see over the sink in her kitchen, her making pancakes or the time when I asked her if I could get all the toys in her house when she was dead (which made my mother a bit angry with me, grandma said I could). Astrid was a beautiful woman and in her wardrobe you could find many wonderful, handmade dresses. Today I and my cousin Ida have most of them. I have used the 4 that I have in many of my self-portraits. For some strange reason that I don't know I love wearing them. I'm not religious but I beleive in energy and maybe there is still some of grandma left in them. In the photos below Ida is wearing one of these dresses. My favourite picture is the one where she is dancing and it looks like the sun is pulling her in..












2 comments: