2 Jul 2012

New Home

Yesterday I moved into a new flat here in Malmö that I will share with a guy from Colombia, I wasn't allowed to stay longer where I lived before. It broke my heart a little bit because I loved that tiny flat. I have recently realised that I haven't lived more than 1 year at the same place since I moved out of my parents like 8 years ago. I have lived in Kristianstad, Sunne, Malmö, Stockholm, Malmö, NY Berlin and then back to Malmö again. I still feel like I haven't found one place to stay longer yet. The main reason why I'm back in Malmö is because it's close to my clients and my family. It's a nice place but still a part of me is longing for something else. When it comes to literature I love things that was written around the 1800 century, in the romantic era. I like how it revolted against rationalization and how it validated strong emotions and connected with nature in a magical way. As a little girl I was enchanted by Caspar David Friedrich and John William Waterhouse paintings without knowing why. Today I'm more aware that I have this inner longing for things that are far far away, things that I haven't discovered yet. So I guess I have the answer to why I still haven't found a place and maybe never will. I think that my love for the romantic era also shines through in my photography. I focus on emotions, I see nature as a magical thing and I have a need to escape the boredom of reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment