15 May 2013

The heart is the only organ that can get stronger after being broken

 At the moment I'm reading a Swedish book that my sister gave to me. It is full of these smart ways of thinking about life and I wanted to share a little bit of it with you. The book is about mindfulness, something I believe we all need more of. Most of the time we are making ourself sick with bad thoughts. We are worried about things that have not even happened or reliving the less good choices we have made in life. Instead of focusing so much energy on this we could also do the opposite. I find it hard to images the best possible thing that could happen to me because I'm so scared of being disappointed. But if I never dream of the things I want in life how am I even suppose to get them? By picturing my future and what I wish for it to hold I am allowing the possibility of it. At the moment I'm in a place in my life where I got a lot of things going for me. I got a wonderful family, I got kick ass friends, for the first time in a long time I got my own apartment, I got a season ahead of me that is full of photography work, I recently got signed to a photography agency and I got my health and youth. But I can't help feeling like I'm missing the biggest thing out there...love. I have love for my family and friends so what I mean is that special person who can capture my interest in the long run. Since I don't want to be disappointed I'm questioning if I exist at all but that is such a pessimistic thought that makes me slightly depressed and I know it does exists, I have experienced it.They say that love will never find you if you look for it but I think that love happens by accident and that you have to throw yourself at it when it does, not worrying about the outcome. The heart is the only organ that can get stronger after being broken.

The twins (Self-portrait)

No comments:

Post a Comment