24 Mar 2017

BACKPACKING ALONE


My biggest worry while traveling alone from Cape Town to Johannesburg was that I would get lonely, that I would not meet people along the way. But if it's something that I have proven to myself in these weeks it's that when you travel with an open mind and an open heart you will meet people along the way that you connect with. I have a genuine interest in people and I think people can tell that I am authentic. As long as you mean no harm and approaches people with no expectations more than kindness and curiosity in return then you can't be in the wrong. Then there will always be people you don't connect with but if someone is not interested in getting to know me I don't take it personal, I'm not everyone's cup of tea. One of the most beautiful things I was told on this trip was that I am always wearing a smile. Such a small comment but I took it to my heart and I since I believe that life should be about joy and happiness I take it as a sign that I am on the right path. And let's face it, traveling alone is not always a walk in the park but it makes it possible to learn more about yourself, you have time to make that journey inwards that normally might  be pushed away by everyday life.


No comments:

Post a Comment