3 Mar 2013

Thoughts...

I believe it's so important to have something that is only yours, something that no one can take away. I'm not talking about something material or another person, I'm talking about creativity. No matter how bad I've felt in the past I've been able to stay over the surface because photography is mine and no one can take it away from me. It doesn't disappear, lies or cheats and most important I make it come alive. When I think about life I picture it as the two legs I'm standing on. One leg is what I do for a living, my occupation and the other leg is simply love in the shape of a partner. As long as you got one solid leg to stand on your ok, it's when you feel like you have nothing that you fall. Today photography is that stabile one while the other leg is still trying to find ground.
It's important to believe in yourself and to see what you are capable of. We all need some guidance but you should never listening to people that doesn't matter to you and trust the opinion of those you love, respect or that you simply look up to. I do believe in being critical about your own work but it's also important to allow yourself to get that amazing kick of endorphins that only a newly taken photo can give you. That feeling makes me think that everything is possible...
I would lie if I didn't say that it makes me happy when someone likes my work but it's not why I do it, I do it because I have this hunger to create. I've asked myself many times why photography makes me feel good. It's hard to explain but obviously the human kind has a hug need for creating art. I think it's a mix of wanting to make the world a prettier place and also to confirm your own existence in a place that most of the time makes no sense. 


No comments:

Post a Comment